Safe, soft, cozy, comfortable. Carpet is all of this and more, but you might be surprised to learn that it’s also remarkably energy efficient. Unlike other flooring choices, it serves as a natural insulator—providing additional warmth in the winter and lowering your heating and air conditioning costs year round.
FLOORMAX carpeting is designed by leading professionals who know colors, patterns and the latest trends. Whether you’re dressing up a formal room or keeping things casual, we have the perfect carpet for you.
Add spice to your space by choosing any of the following styles:
- Texture—The velvety look and feel of smoothly cut yarns. May be deeply or lightly textured to create a fresh, easy-care surface.
- Twist—The twist is back in this lighthearted carpet trend. It’s relaxed but elegant and sumptuous to the touch.
- Loop—A modern interpretation of handcrafted styling. For active areas, where you want sass and sophistication without worry.
- Pattern—Almost an art form. Cut and uncut loops form distinctive designs, for decorating with originality and flair.
The Finer Points of Carpet Installation
Proper installation is critical to the look and durability of your new carpet. FLOORMAX carpet experts specialize in the art of flawless installations from start to finish:
Here’s the procedure our installation professionals follow:
- Preparing the surface: Carpet can be installed over most smooth surfaces. Your installer will make sure the surface is clean, dry, and level.
- Installing tack strips and laying carpet pad: The installer will nail or glue tack strips to hold the carpet in place. Then the pad is laid and secured with staples or glue.
- Aligning seams: Depending on your carpet pattern, this can get tricky. FLOORMAX installers are trained to handle everything from simple, solid colors to complex patterns and designs.
- Stretching the carpet: This is a labor-intensive step that professionals follow carefully, complying with industry standards so that the carpet will deliver the best performance for the longest time.
With our many years of experience installing carpeting, we offer not only expertise but peace of mind—you know the job will be done right the first time. Before any project begins, your FLOORMAX installer will evaluate the space and offer additional recommendations to ensure a stress-free, hassle-free experience.